The WYSS Website / Die WYSS Webseiten / Na Leathanaigh WYSS
Home / Heim / Abhaile
Lern- und Übungsmaterial für Englisch / Learning and Training Material for English
Strong and Anomalous Verbs in Various Tenses (Elementary)
BACK TO THE TASK
Turn these verbs into the past tense (Vergangenheitsform)
1. I met my friends at the weekends.
2. You didn't read enough books.
3. She always rang the bell twice.
4. We didn't say much to these proposals.
5. Didn't they show you how to do your homework?
6. I spoke English and German fluently.
7. They spent a lot of money on food and drink.
8. He took lessons at night school.
9. We thought highly of Mr Smyth.
10. Did you write short stories?
11. They didn't learn much at that school.
Turn these verbs into the present perfect and past perfect (Vorgegenwart):
12. She has given a lot of money to charities.
13. You have had all the information you need.
14. Have you hidden the jewellery in a secret safe?
15. We haven't understood the speech very well.
16. Has he left the housework to his wife?
17. They have lent money to house buyers.
18. I haven't made that mistake.
19. Haven't you read my notes?
20. They havben't told the truth.
Translate, using the same tenses as in German:
21. Fritz has brought me the books.
22. Why did the light burn all night?
23. We did not buy the grey carpet.
24. Have they caught much fish?
25. We do our work before the weekend.
26. Had you forgotten the keys?
27. Had he come to the party?
28. I flew to Edinburgh on Tuesday.
29. Did you see the film in town?
30. Why haven't you put on the red dress?