The WYSS Website / Die WYSS Webseiten / Na Leathanaigh WYSS
Home / Heim / Abhaile
Lern- und Übungsmaterial für Englisch / Learning and Training Material for English
Past Tense and Present Perfect
Fill in the verbs in the right form:
1. I ______________________ (not, play) football last Sunday.
2. When _____________________ (you, send) the first letter?
3. Why _____________________ (John, not, go) to the swimming pool yet?
I find he should go as the weather is fine, and the water is so pleasantly warm.
4. ______________________ (you, travel around) when you were in Africa?
5. The water in this river is very high. ______________________ (it, rain)?
6. Two years ago Peter ____________________ (begin) an English course.
7. _____________________ (you, see) many Monuments when you were in England.
8. I ____________________ (play) golf when I __________________ (be) in Scotland last summer.
9. Steve, where is your surfboard? - I don't know. Somebody __________________ (steal) it.
10. Why __________________________ (Miriam, not, come) to school this morning?
- She ___________(have) a temperature and _____________________ (not, feel) well.
11. Regula ________________ (sell) her new mountain-bike three weeks ago!
12. ______________________ (you, know) many people when you were in London?
13. Why _____________________ (Manuel, not, eat) his steak last night?
14. The letters are no longer on the desk. Susan must ________________ ( to take) them to the post.
15. The Smiths _________________ (to live) in Switzerland for many years now.
16. Fritz ________________ (not, go) on holiday this year.
17. I ____________________ (never, meet) my grandfather because he died twenty years ago.
18. Mary and I ________________ (be) at school together last year.
19. I ______________ (do) my homework yesterday evening. When _______________ (you, do) yours?
20. When ________________ (you, visit) your sister Brigid? ________________ (be) it in spring?
21. My mother ________________ (just, read) a very interesting book about the Kechua Indians.
22. We ________________ (buy) a new house one month ago because we ________________ (feel)
that our present one ________________ (be) too small.
23. Bill __________________ (not, play) volleyball for many weeks now.
24. When __________________ (Rory, leave) to meet his father at the airport?
25. I ________________ (spend) my holidays in Italy last year, but I ___________________ (never, be)